-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Friday, January 14, 2011

Organizational Tip - Using Thimble Display Cases as Storage Trays

To store small containers I use thimble display cases.  Laid flat they become a storage tray.  They work great as you can see the color of the container and it’s easy to take the tray where ever your project is.  I purchased my trays on Ebay.  The newer cases are expensive but older inexpensive ones pop-up regularly.  My trays have 100 slots and measure approximately 15 ½” x 14”. 
Some of the products you can store are:
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks
  • Ranger Stickles (large and small containers)
  • Viva Pearl Pens
  • Lumiere Paints
  • Liquid Pearls Paint
  • Neo Opaque Paint
  • Adirondack Paint Dabber
  • Tulip Slick Paint
  • Glimmer Mist
  • Stamp Pad Re-inkers (Staz-On, Color Box, Distress Inc. etc.)
  • Some Glue Containers (Tombo Multi, Glue Sticks, etc.)

    4 comments:

    Robin said...

    That's a great idea Laura! Thanks for the organizational tip.

    Hugs,
    Robin

    Sue Young said...

    Wonderful idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ren said...

    Great tip! Here's one for you...how about a flat iron for straightening hair to iron ribbon. I went on freecycle.com and got one and love it.

    Unknown said...

    I often find display cases where "boxes" are larger in thrift shops for a few dollars. The spaces usually vary from 1-1/2 inches square up to 3 x 4 inches. I use them to store my beads. Since the beads don't stick out over the top, I can stack the boxes. The display cases themselves range in size from 12 x 15 up to 24 x 30 inches. I LOVE them. I will keep my eye out for the thimble cases also now